I have read the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) Vaccine Information Statements explaining the vaccine(s) and the disease(s) they prevent. I have had the opportunity to discuss these with a health care professional who answered all my questions regarding the recommended vaccine(s).
I understand the following:
- The purpose of and the need for the recommended vaccine(s)
-The risks and benefits of the recommended vaccine(s)
- If I/my child do(es) not receive the vaccine(s), the consequences may include:
- contracting the illness the vaccine should prevent
- transmitting the disease to others
- the need for me/my child to stay out of work, daycare or school during disease outbreaks
- The Elkhart County Health Department, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the CDC have all strongly recommended that the vaccine(s) be given
Nevertheless, I have decided to decline the vaccine(s) recommended for my/my child, as indicated above, by checking the appropriate box under the column titled "Declined."
I know that failure to follow the recommendations about vaccination may endanger the health or life of me/my child and others that I/my child might come in contact with.
I know that I may re-address this issue with my health care provider and/or the Elkhart County Health Department and that I may change my mind and accept vaccination for me/my child anytime in the future.